About the Professional Staff Conference
The Professional Staff Conference is designed to bring together professional staff from across the University to highlight best practice, share ideas, and provide professional development and networking opportunities to our vibrant staff community.
Established in 2014 and co-founded by three professional staff – the conference aims to encourage the exploration of best practice, reporting of project outcomes, sharing of new trends and opportunities, while engaging staff through motivational and creative practice.
Delivered within a project framework, the conference focuses on broadening networks and collaboration across the different campuses of the University, while contributing to the sustained excellence of services supporting learning, teaching, research and engagement at the University of Melbourne.
- Celebrates the contribution made by professional staff to the wider success of the University
- Acknowledges the expertise and passion of professional staff through presentations that share best practice and showcase innovation in higher education administration
- Provides participants and organisers mentoring and professional development opportunities and creates time for networking, collegiality and fun
The Professional Staff Conference is organised by a Committee of volunteers from around the University of Melbourne. Interested in being on the 2020 Committee? Email us at the address below.
People - Our most Important Asset
Over 700 staff from across the university came together to share ideas and experiences and gain new knowledge at the 2019 UOM Professional Staff Conference.
The event was centred around the themes of working in harmony, connecting with others, and the importance of valuing all members of the University’s community.
This year, the PSC featured a number of new initiatives including
- a fantastic Wellness at Work Room: an interactive space highlighting the importance of self-care, health and wellbeing
- a Panel Discussion around the theme of Career evolution and leadership
- the PSC Challenge, to encourage participants to form new, meaningful connections with the colleagues
- a Conference App, full of information of the conference, meaning no programs were printed!
Read more all about the University of Melbourne's 2019 Professional Staff Conference - written by Amber Rose.
If you have questions or comments, please contact the committee via email